History

Question

Why is the white house called the white house?

2 Answer

  • The main building was burned by the British in 1814 during the War of 1812. Afterward, when the building was being restored, the smoke-stained gray stone walls were painted white. The name “White House,” however, was not used officially until President Theodore Roosevelt had it engraved on his stationery in 1901
  • Its a White House. And it's been there for years. They painted it white to represent the original color of the flag! (Lie)
NEWS TODAY