Mathematics

Question

Lara tossed a fair coin 3 times. What is the probability of getting heads in the first two trials? 1 over 8 2 over 8 3 over 8 4 over 8

2 Answer

  • 4/8 is equal to 1/2. While this is true of one coin toss, it is not a 50% chance if you toss the coin twice. In tossing the coin twice you have the options of: heads, tails, heads, tails (One head and one tail per coin). Since there are four options, it is a 25% chance you will get heads twice in a row. 25% equals 1/4 which equals 2/8.
  • Answer:

    cc

    Step-by-step explanation:

    ji

NEWS TODAY